By Susan B. Barnes -Susanbbarnes.com
In no particular order!
2. Tour the capitol building – Completed in 1888, the building is an architectural delight. Stand in the center star in the rotunda, raise your head and shout upwards… you want hear an echo.
3. Stroll along Lady Bird Lake – 10 miles of trails circle Lady Bird Lake in downtown Austin. Watch the dogs play in their park, and stop and pay tribute to Stevie Ray Vaughan at his memorial.
4. Visit the Lyndon B. Johnson Library & Museum – take an up-close look at the 36th president of the U.S., as well as his wife, Lady Bird Johnson.
5. Take the stage – Or, rather, catch a show at the historic Paramount Theatre, whether live music or on the silver screen.
7. Go organic – 80,000 of organic goodness can be found at Whole Foods’ flagship store. Can I move in?!
8. BYOB – Drive 30 minutes outside of Austin to The Salt Lick BBQ, where it’s cash only and BYOB. Fill up the cooler!
9. Relax – Along with its healthy attitude, Austin has a number of day spas. Go ahead, pamper yourself.
10. Dive in – Take a dip in Barton Springs Pool in Zilker Park. A constant 68 degrees, the naturally made pool is open year-round.
11. Stop and smell the flowers – The Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is dedicated to preserving restoring the beauty and the biological richness of North America. Not to mention, the flowers are gorgeous!